Tŷ Sain series concert featuring
- P[a]B[a]W[a]L - The original main act from Sheffield has had to be cancelled. A bug disappointment. Hope to have them back in 2023.
- The evening will now be a an open session, we will be playing free ensemble improvisations.
Criteria for participation in the house band
The concert will feature the ensemble grŵp cynfas gwag
All levels of ability are welcome to join us on the night.
Please make contact to share your intentions.
The music is free ensemble improvisation.
Date and times
- Friday 09.12.2022 is this session, Doors 18.30 - event start 19.00
free, there is no fee at present during 2022.
Charges will be introduced in 2023
This event is scheduled to be monthly at this location.
There are plans for weekly events, using a range of venues in North wales.
- 17.10.2022 - Postponed
- 07.11.2022 - Informal session at Bethesda
- 11.11.2022 - Concert in Bangor
- 09.12.2022 - Concert in Bangor
- XX.01.2023 - January 2023 date(s) yet to be confirmed.
Read more - before the event date
To read more before the event date visit the Improvisers Networks Online website - wales section and find the article for the date
Read more - after the event date
To read more after the event date visit the Improvisers Networks Online website - Wales event archive section and find the article for the date
The Friends Meeting House - The Quakers
6 Dean St,
Bangor LL57 1UP
Sadly this booking has had to be cancelled. We hope to have them in room in 2023.
Seen recently in Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Mopomoso, as J[a]B[a]W but sadly John Jasnoch can no longer attend.
He is replaced by Phil Morton
- John Jasnoch (12 string & fretless guitars, mandolin) - no loner available
- John is replaced with Phil Morton, acciedents and treatments
- Geoff Bright (sop & bass sax, voice),
- Gill Whiteley (harmonium, viola, voice).
- They are joined in this performance by Sheffield/Wales-based Lyn Hodnett on trumpet, cello and extended vocal techniques.
Free ensemble improvisation in performance. a live music made without prior preparation
The starting point will be Bangor or Llandudno, but can be delivered anywhere:
The A55 corridor from Chester/Wrexham through to Aberdarron can be considered.
The objective for Improvisers North wales is to make free ensemble improvisation available on a weekly schedule for those who are interested.
Tŷ Sain concert series supports this objective and aims to provided monthly sessions that are part of this schedule.
Interested as an individual
If you are part of a group who play free ensemble improvisations without prior preparation the Tŷ Sain concert series should be of interest to you.
If you are interested in performing at a Tŷ Sain concert please make contact:
- mobile n/a
Please be aware that the Tŷ Sain concert series lacks the finance to pay fees.
In some instances (not all) it can offer to cover expenses.
The project will work towards changing this financial weakness, it will be a long journey.