- Improvisation Day Friday 17th Feb 2023 09:45 - 18:00 in collaboration with the Department of Music, Drama and Performance, Bangor University,Mathias Hall, Bangor University : [more information coming soon] HOST WEBSITE
- 13.00 David Toop 1 pm LINK
- 19.30 Karnatic Improv 19.30 LINK
- [more information coming soon] HOST WEBSITE
- 1000 am CAMAU CERDD : in collaboration with CGWM, 10:00 4 - 7 years, LINK
- 11:00 6 months - 3 years PL2, Pontio
- 11.00 CODI OFF-GRID in collaboration with Tŷ Cerdd 11:00 Bocs Gwyn, Pontio LINK
- 13.00 Tern In Concert, Phil Wachsmann (violin), Emil Karlsen (percussion), Martin Hacket (Korg MS10) 13:00 Studio, Pontio : LINK
- 14.00 SHOWCASE CONCERT, Students from Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias 14:00 Bar Ffynnon, Pontio LINK
- 15.00 CODEX XV Bangor New Music Ensemble 15:00 Public Spaces, Pontio LINK
- 16.00 IMPROVISATION WORKSHOP with Phil Morton, North Wales Improvisers Network 16:00 Shop area, Pontio LINK
- 18.00 PRE-CONCERT TALK & RECEPTION Rhiannon Mathias and invited composers 18:00 PL2, Pontio LINK
- 19.30 Improspective: Barrett and Friends RICHARD BARRETT (ELECTRONICS), MILANA ZARIĆ (HARP) & ELECTROACOUSTIC WALES 19:30 Theatr Bryn Terfel, Pontio LINK
Bangor Music Festival is a charitable organisation dedicated to presenting contemporary music performed by artist of the highest calibre and has a strong commitment to enrich and educate the North Wales community through workshops and concerts.
We see music as a living and thriving art-form and our enthusiasm for new music is reflected in our festival. Contemporary musicians of all ages from around the United Kingdom find inspiration, promotion and most of all, support through the festival. Thanks to the generous and continuous support from the community, we have successfully hosted festivals since 2000.
The primary objectives of the Festival are:
o to provide the public with the opportunity to experience and learn about contemporary music
o to commission and/or perform new works from composers of varied nationalities
o to allow school pupils, students and members of the general public to compose and perform new music
o Every year, the Festival endeavours to present the latest trends and developments in contemporary composition, with a particular emphasis on chamber music, mixed-media events, electroacoustic music and experimental music. New or recent works from artists of international standing are performed, where possible, in the presence of the composer
The Pontio & Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd, North Wales
Neither the artists,the venue, the event host or promoter posted the event details to this feature. Please check that the details listed are true (eg venue, date and start time) before traveling to the event. To verify the information presented visit the host website or the host social media accounts.