introduction - the beginning

This is open to the public, no need to login
Phil Morton
introduction - the beginning

Post by Phil Morton » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:39 pm

i:GO - Wales, the Improvisers guitar orchestra Wales project

i:GO is a project driven by`Free Improvisation` and the guitar. The location is North Wales.
The ensemble target number is eight and above.

Improvisation is to be found within the framework and discipline of all musical practices and genres. This project’s starting point is Free Improvisation

The thought of free improvisation on a large scale featuring the guitar in all of its shapes, sizes and not to mention pedal effects and processing may make some of us whince and reach for our ear plugs - but fear not, the curators of this project propose to use `System 50:50` to thin out the sound and bring cohesion to the process.

Compositions, graphic scores or other contemporary improvisation-directing strategies may appear later on, but are not envisaged during the launch phase of this i:GO ensemble.

The concept of i:GO will be workshopped, the ensembles will be rehearsed and over time Orchestra members will together find a methodology that supports and advances excellence in the aesthetic of Free Improvisation…

The starting point is a minimum of eight players, regularly available to rehearse, attend workshops, share and exchange ideas and reaction to the sounds produced and then take it from there.

There are `subs` of £5.00 to cover the costs of the project and to finance its progress and development. Funding will also be looked into.

Interested? Register your interest by completing the contact form below, we will collate the responses and then contact you when we are ready.

To register visit this webapge and complete the form: follow this link
Phil Morton
mob : 07999518582
skype id nervetech

Return to “Improvisers Guitar Orchestra Wales - a public introduction,”