Step in Step out - Introduction

Phil Morton

Post by Phil Morton » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:09 pm

USR - F489P889

Documents
  • Web page: URL LINK
  • Google drive document: yes, location - iNetworks Workshop GD account > folder 001 000 > id001
Phil Morton
mob : 07999518582
skype id nervetech

Phil Morton

Re: Step in Step out - Introduction

Post by Phil Morton » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 am

Step out - a response and observation, by Phil Morton, this ia posted at the website too in the comments section.

Step - out Jigsaw-Bangor July 19th 2018. `Step out` was done as a trio., when I experienced the following: The other two player, Russell Grant and David Hopewell, are playing, they are playing well consistently and then there are moments, I want to join in. The `joining in` brings together; emotional responses, private aesthetic preferences and instrumental - sound - preferences our choices within Mr Morton. BUT in the `rules` or design of the exercise I cannot join in until one players stops. Thus I remain tacet, the exercise confronts this free improviser that I do not always; have to be playing, express everything all of the time, play anything or play something specific on all occaissions: Less is more maybe a cognitive agreement or consideration, it is of interest to me, that in this instance it was not cognitive but visceral, physical and emotional. I remained tacet. I return here to the concept, `it is an imperative to have a relationship with your emotions rather than to be controlled by them`. I speculate, the frequency of meeting these decision points, or emotional junctions, moves one more to the relationship state and away from the intuitive-auto response state. I prefer the former and visit the later intuitive mode too. This is maybe a one-off, one person experience, myself I welcome this `push back` the exercise threw up into my ears: just wait, good things come to those who wait. To be continued.
Phil Morton
mob : 07999518582
skype id nervetech

Return to “3 Step in Step out”